Probably the number one pleasure we get when working with our customers is to fulfill their vision.
We were excited when our customer, Julie, wanted to convert her high resolution photos into two custom murals so she could use on stair risers.
This way she could easily display and enjoy her custom project without the hassle of permanency and mess that traditional wallpaper would bring.
Here’s how the process went:
- An email inquiry was made about getting the custom work done.
- Many questions were answered, which we appreciate doing because we want to get it right.
- What initially started out as only one custom photo mural became two.
- Our customer uploaded the highest and largest images possible.
- These were taken with a photo camera so the resolution was a bit pixelated and became enhanced when enlarged, but we worked to get as sharp an image as possible and the boldness of the colors helped offset any original photo quality.
- We consulted on where the stair mural image would be cropped from the photo image that we enlarged to print size.
- We sent a screen capture of where the 8 x 10 inch sample from this enlargement would printed.
- Once approved, a custom sample for each image was purchased from the Custom Coverings page.
- These samples were custom printed on our Casart Regular wallcovering and sent to the customer to approve the color, etc.
- Once approved, a custom invoice was sent for the printing and custom labor involved and sent to our customer to install.
Once Julie received her Stair Murals, she installed them herself. She measured her individual stair risers and drew cut lines onto the mural. This way each section would be sure to fit exactly — because not all carpentry is plum and why we send the entire mural uncut. After cutting each section, she applied to cleaned stair risers by simply peeling off the backing sheet and pressing against the surface. Voilá the transformation was complete and done in a day over one weekend!
We received this report, “final product turned out awesome thanks!!”
We think so too, Julie, and congratulations for having the creative vision and choosing Casart coverings to help make it a reality!
What do you think? How did we do? Give it your review and comment below.
<< Go back to the Customer Gallery.