We were pleased to provide a beautiful Red Camellia Botanical wallcovering-print for a first year college student’s dorm room in California. It not only personalizes her space but functions as an art piece that highlights her artistic & drama talents.
Here’s the Camellia print that we sent.
Here’s what it looks like installed. This is a good example of how ambient, natural and the device taking the picture can affect the coloring, as it is very vibrant in actuality.
Her mother had this to say about the installation process:
• It was very simple and took less than 3 minutes to [peel and stick] and put up.
• It completely transforms the room.
• Both roommates were wowed by the bright colors and the crisp design.
• It added pizzazz and is perfect for California, very fresh and clean.
• We located it in the center of the room over my daughter’s bunk bed.
• It is the first thing you see when you enter the room and really makes a statement.
When your child leaves for college it brings mixed emotions.
While everyone seems happy, settling your teenager in their new living space confirms that this will be their new home.
However, dorm rooms often seem devoid of personality and maybe this is a good thing because with a blank canvas the college student can now personalize their space to help ease their transition.
This gives them ownership of their new space — to decorate as they like. Afterall, since they have left the nest and this is no longer their childhood room, maybe they would like a little bit more mature décor.
Although the parent has to then leave with some sadness during this ritualistic loss, is it comforting to them to see their daughter or son now feeling more adjusted in a space that has come alive as their own.
Adding Casart coverings to any space is a simple solution that can make such a big difference both visually and psychologically.
<< Go back to the Customer Gallery.