When I saw this post on StumbleUpon, posted from ZDouf, I thought this would be wild and wacky but worth thinking about for a perfect follow up to my last Compart-ment-alization post. This post is about “31 Insanely Clever Remodeling Ideas for your New Home.” See what you think. Some are are Wild. Some are Wacky but when you think twice, some are very doable. I also like the way this post starts out, “Can you get through this post without calling your contractor?” Now that’s a challenge!
These are not listed in any particular order and chosen for what I think could be easily achieved but check the post for many other ideas. Remember there are 31 and I’ve only listed 7.
1) Turn an Attic Room into a Slumber Party, Pillow Room. Of course I like the walls…(Well, it’s not so wild now that we’ve added our Cloud Collection, as written about in Unplugging for Contemplative Art)…
….or even use use Faux Padded Headboards Next to one another to “pad” the space.
2) Book it Under the Stairs and/ or optimize this unused storage opportunity:
3) Maximize baseboards. Toe-kick drawers work really well in a kitchen. I use these in mine daily for placemats and hard to store flat items.
4) Consider a Secret Room — OK maybe not so doable but how cool would it be?!
5) Build up, gain platform storage:
6) Use dead (unused space) wisely or for wine. Ether way, not wasted:
7) And finally, lose the stress, spend more time stargazing: