There are a lot of sources stating the top 2018 interior design trends but here you have them all in one place.
Take a look to see what trends are similar and see which if any you might incorporate in your interior design. We offer a few suggestions at the bottom.
Interior Design Magazine’s 5 Design Trends that will Dominate 2018 are the following:
- Terracotta — paint color, accessories, organic design
- Maximalism — away from minimalism with lots of contrasting designs and patterns
- Comfort Space — for the comfortable function over form that encourage lingering a while with friends or office mates
- Monochromatic — opposite of maximalist style, offering calming similar colored spaces
- Functional Materials — Furniture and accessories made from recycled materials or those that have less impact on the environment
Wall Street Journal’s Top 5 Interior Design Trends for 2018:
- Colored Pantries over “lab-like,” sterile kitchens
- Abstract flora and fauna over literal representation of Nature
- Earthy pastels over moody grays
- Curvilinear with luscious spaces over strict linearity that creates an “uncomfortable neatness”
- Tarnished metal with character over perfectly polished hardware
Some of Houzz’s takeaways on Trends that Take Hold in 2018:
- More color in kitchens with designated task areas with dining tables within kitchen area
- Bold colored sofas
- Calm, casual bedrooms
- Feature walls, mill work and fish-scale pattern
- Big, bold, fluid florals
Vogue’s 16 Top Interior Design Trends for 2018:
- Converting dining rooms into media or library rooms to maximize space
- Colorful kitchens
- Details are becoming the most important features
- Patterns, comfort and coziness
- Bringing some of the 80’s tropical vibe back reflected by bold palette colors: yellow, greens, pinks
Freshome’s Scoop on 5 Top 2018 Interior DesignTrends:
- Bold colors are back
- Vintage accessories give a place as sense of home, heritage and character
- Darker woods mixed with metals
- Wide plank woods
- “Aspirational” Spaces — less to impress rather than to feel good in a space with freedom for less conventional design
Elle Decor’s Top 6 Home Decor Trends of 2018:
- Wall art — bare walls are out
- Vibrant foliage of patterned plants particularly in the bedroom
- Mixed metals
- Terrazzo flooring
- Statement ceilings
The Spruce, has their 2018 Interior Design Trend Predictions from Industry Professionals:
- Bold color, which can be monochromatic
- Natural elements in interior design
- Imaginative flora and fauna and opulent patterns
- Entertainment havens
- Colorful houseplants
PopSugar tells us the Top European Interior Design Trends for 2018:
- Greenery — literal plants and in themed accessories
- Black and white
- Energizing reds
- Elegant teal
- Millennial Pink
You can find many of these trends as timeless decor, removable and reusable Casart wallcoverings.
Our red Harlequin repositionable wallcovering for Maximalist, bold-monochromatic color. Also comes in 15 colors!
Our Asia Blossom blends Nature, pink and red florals with an unconventional design for a calm and cozy place to linger with family or friends.
Our teal version can also be used in a gathering place or entertainment haven. It’s bold yet serene.
Our Chinoiserie and Japan Murals set the stage for imaginative, fanciful gardens full of exotic travel and wonder. They are bold and beautiful as a feature wall and can be paired in any arrangement with a variety of colors.
The Koi fish also comes as a pattern and in black and white.
You can see our many other timeless wallcovering solutions that tend to fit this 2018 trend here.
If you don’t see something you’re looking for, let us know and we’ll be happy to help.