This is a two-fold post 1) to let you know that we have an exciting contest (see below for details) and 2) to announce our new Katherine Collection.
First and out of order, The Katherine Collection (KC for short) is a new Casart line of fine oil painting and vintage artwork that was painted by Katherine Jackson from early 1930 to about 2007. This collection of artwork and painting will provide instant panache and vintage appeal to any interior design. Here’s the description that we’ve written on our Katherine Collection webpage.
– Katherine Jackson (1917-2009), our aunt and sister-in-law, was a prolific artist, painting from the 1930s until early 2007. She had her sketchbook by her side in her final days. She traveled extensively through the US and Europe, documenting her work which included pastels, pen and ink, watercolors and mostly oil paintings — estimated over 3,000 works. We have introduced one of her works and more selections will be added as her art is catalogued. She was quite eccentric but a serious artist. She always found an artistic opportunity to capture. We miss her but her spirit lives on in her work and these digitally reproduced paintings, scanned and true to the originals, serve as tribute to her talent.
If you are wishing you were at the beach or you’ve already been and would love to bring it home with you or want go back, now you can without leaving. Here’s “Aunt Katherine’s” Quickie on the Beach oil painting. Something tells me that she did not remotely think of what other connotation this could have other than a quick sketch / oil painting of the beautiful surf on the beach.
She really has captured the mood and setting with her quick impressionist style but let us know your thoughts….
That brings me to the second point. Casart coverings is holding its first contest to win one of three prizes:
1) A free small size Casart Katherine Collection Quickie on the Beach scene above ($60 value).
2) A free Casart growth chart of your choosing from our Firefly, Butterfly, Prince or Princess — all t3 Collection (tots, tween and teens) — ($42 – $70 value).
or 3) Your choice of a $25 gift certificate toward the purchase of Casart or $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com
Here are the rules:
• 1) Be the 25th person to let us know “How would you use Casart?” on our blog and you’ll receive a free Casart small size Quickie on the Beach mural
• 2) Be the 50th person to let us know “How would you use Casart?” on our Facebook page and you’ll receive your choice of prize #1 or #2
• 3) Be the 25th person to answer the question in both places and sign up for our eNewsletter to receive your choice in prize #3 + a free Casart of your choice of #1 or #2
The contest runs through this Friday, June 17th until 6pm Eastern Standard Time. Get ready, get set, go!
We will announce the winners on Monday, June 20th.
Now, just a side note. If you want some lovely seaside pillows to go with your beach scene mural, there are some really smart looking ones I’ve seen at Pottery Barn — and they are on sale!
June seems to be the right month for bringing the beach and fireflies (not real ones of course) into your home.