And, the Christmas Countdown begins…Do you have a plan to decorate that won’t drive you crazy by adding to your to-do list? Having too much to do is counterproductive to getting in that joyous holiday mood.
Here are five simple ways to help you get into the holiday spirit while calming your nerves. These easy decorating tips help get your space and your mind in a peaceful place so you can accept the oncoming frenzy without getting too overwhelmed.
Whether you have a small or large place, using Nature to your advantage will get the holiday spirit within your interior without having to do too much.
1. Select some red flowers, even berries, and Amaryllis to arrange in small bouquets and place throughout your home. Adding winter-white candles can enhance the look and add a warm glow at night.
Pairing red and white recall candy canes with a crisp, clean style.
2. You can do a lot with just simple white, like candles and pinecones and Amaryllis or even pussy willow. These arrangements could be used for any type of winter holiday festivity. Pairing with pinecones could even set off a pine scent when the candles are lit.
3. Have bookshelves or windows? Hang mini fresh-garland wreaths. These create the feel of Christmas and camouflage some visual distraction created by books while bringing in the fresh pine smell from outdoors.
Other ways to create holiday scent and fill the air to help fill your mood, are using oranges spiked with cloves arranged in a bowl. These will remind you or anyone seeing them in your home of childhood days. Although they take a little time, they could be done as an easy craft activity that forces you to take a break during the rush, at least temporarily. They are a refreshing reward as a result. As an added benefit, you can even eat an orange while assembling these and you’ll get your nutritious fruit for the day!
4. Going small with a “Charlie Brown” potted pine tree on a side table or even a pine branch can be a simple touch that says so much with little effort.
You can even go small when entertaining by adding a simple pine twig and cinnamon stick to each place setting.
5. Now you also have an option to go big with a winter wallcovering backdrop that can go up easily and come down when you want because it’s self-adhesive, no water or mess or added hassle. This will save your nerves.
Let’s say you want to bring in some trees without needles, well, here’s a Winter Tree Memory Scene painting as an art wallcovering that could easily set the festive mood and countdown to Christmas with a little vintage flair.
Are you going to Grandma’s house and dashing through the snow this holiday? Beat the rush and traffic because you don’t have to travel far with this House in Winter vintage painting as reusable wallcovering.
You could even let all your Christmas decor take the primary focus by adding a wallfinish type wallcovering, as in this example using Mary Douglas Drysdale’s Signature Color Lipstick Plus Colorwash. This colorway would play up a modern room with non-traditional, cheerful decor.
However you countdown your holidays, we hope it won’t be a “holidaze” and that you’ll be able to celebrate the many simple ways to enjoy the season.